MAKE ME CHOOSE
↳ lightcommasticks asked: michonne or
The Walking Dead Meme || (2/10) Characters
∟ Andrea Harrison
The Walking Dead + Andrea being a badass
*Always refer to the original post for updates*
- Alanna Masterson (Tara), Christian Serratos (Rosita), Josh McDermitt (Eugene), Michael Cudlitz (Abraham) and Andrew J. West (Gareth) have been promoted to series regulars.
- Scott Gimple on the theme of season 5: “Rick said, and before that Robert said it in the comics: Are we too far gone to be people anymore, to actually be human beings, to be able to relate to one another on an emotional level, to be able to live a real humanistic and emotional life – are we too far gone? Next season really is who do we become after that? Once that question is answered for ourselves, who are these people? That idea will be explored a few different ways.”
- The Walking Dead will continue to take a remix approach to the source material, so we should expect to see more scenes from the comics.
- There may be “some individual episodes that focus on a smaller group or one character" but it won’t be like season 4B.
- Next season will explore a lot of different locations; it will probably “have more distinctive individual locations than we’ve had on the show thus far”.
- The people from Terminus may not be the cannibals from the comics, but there is definitely “a very deep, dark and storied history to Terminus and how these people came to be" and “answers will come fast and furious”. Kirkman said we should “prepare for a surprise” since “there are an enormous amount of hints here and there in the finale (…) that will in some cases give [us] some pretty good hints and other cases be deliberately misleading as [they] intend it”.
- Gareth (who is based on a character from the comics) and the people from Terminus are going to be “a very big threat”.
- The candle room at Terminus is some sort of operating memorial; something really bad happened to Gareth’s group.
- We will find out about Beth’s fate soon into season 5; “it might be a little heartbreaking, it might be a little heartwarming, but it’s going to be interesting”.
- Carol and Tyreese will be a big part of next season; their story is definitely not over and it’s going to go in an unexpected direction.
- Rick is back in charge. He has become someone who “can handle absolutely whatever the word is going to throw at him”, which is something that’s going to be explored in season 5.
- After what happened with Lizzie and Mika, Rick’s group will be “a bit wearier moving forward of how they encounter children and what to do with them”.
- Hershel’s influence will continue to be felt throughout season 5 and also “the entire run of the show”.
- There may or may not be a time jump from when season 4 ended (most likely not).